San Francisco is full of educational and historical museums and galleries. The information provided in the museums will help you discover San Francisco as well as art, culture and history. Interactive exhibits will entertain adults and children alike. Below we have highlighted some of the more popular museums in the San Francisco area. We hope you will find a few to visit while you are here. If you search around online to make your hotel and car rental reservations then you can often find some great discounts. If you’re outside the US it’s worth using a VPN or something to give you a US IP address as you’ll get better deals. There’s quite a lot of choice but you can actually use the one I subscribe to to watch British TV in the USA.
- Bay Area Discovery Museum – Hands-on interactive exhibits for children. Ongoing classes, performances and special programs. 557 East Fort Baker, Sausalito (415) 487-4398
- Cable Car Barn & Museum – Learn the history of San Francisco’s cable cars and see the underground cables that pull the cars along the tracks. 1201 Mason/Washington (415) 474-1887
- Coyote Point Museum – Colorful environmental exhibits, computer games, an aquarium and wildlife habitats of the Bay Area. San Mateo (415) 342-7755
- Exploratorium – An interactive science museum housed in the Palace of Fine Arts. Reservations are required for the Tactile Dome. 3601 Lyon/Marina Blvd. (415) 561-0360
- Lawrence Hall of Science – This children’s user-friendly museum features interactive experimentation in geology, animal behavior and plant life. UC Berkeley (510) 642-5134
- Randall Museum – Designed just for children, this museum offers ongoing classes in art, science, computers and a petting zoo. Museum Way/Roosevelt (E, 11) (415) 554-9600
- Maritime Museum – History of West Coast steam navigation. View figureheads, ship models, art and photos. Polk/Beach (415) 556-3002
- Mexican Museum – This museum is devoted to the fine art, folk art, culture and history of Mexican and Mexican-American/Chicano people. Fort Mason, Bldg. D (415) 441-0404
- Museum of the City of San Francisco – Explore the City’s history through photographs, maps, paintings, antiques, artifacts. The Cannery, 2801 Leavenworth/Beach (415) 928-0289
- Thomas Kinkade Gallery – The authentic source for current releases and vintage originals from the Painter of Light (TM). 781 Beach/Hyde (415) 440-0270
- Lahaina Galleries – Featuring sculptures, paintings and prints by John Cosby, Adolf Sehring, Jan Parker, Gary Swanson, Kudo, Andrea Smith and more. 645 Beach/Hyde (415) 749-1000
- Wyland Gallery – One of the world�s premier environmental marine life artists. Original oils, sculpture and watercolors, gifts from the sea. PIER 39 (415) 398-1922
For more information on changing, switching and hiding your IP address then check out this useful link where you’ll find loads of proxy related information.